SUSI 2019 Summer Exchange Program USA is Now Open by Embassy of US in Pakistan & U.S Department of State. It is a Six Weeks Exchange Program. You don't need IELTS, you don't need CGPA and Passport at the time of applying
Undergraduate students from Pakistan interested in the topic of Local, State, and Federal Public Policymaking are invited to apply for participation in the Study of the United States Institute for Student Leaders. The Institute will take place at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst from late June to early August 2019.
The program will bring together 30 Pakistani undergraduate students with up to 15 U.S. students to address issues of public policy and democracy in the United States and comparing U.S. policy with that of Pakistan.
- Program Funding: Program organizers will cover participant costs including: program administration; international and domestic travel and ground transportation; book, cultural, mailing and incidental allowances; and housing and subsistence.
- Housing and Meal Arrangements: Housing will be in university housing on campus. Most meals will be provided at the campus dining hall where Halal food is served.
- Health Benefits: All participants will receive the Department of State’s coverage of $100,000 with a $25 co-pay for the duration of the program.
- Program Requirements and Restrictions: Participants are expected to fully participate in the academic program. They should attend all lectures and organized activities, and complete assigned readings.
Candidates applying for this program should:
- be proficient in English;
- be interested in the topic of local, state, and federal public policymaking;
- be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
The Undergraduates of (2,3,4, 5,6,7) Semester Pakistani Students are Eligible.
How to Apply:
Complete an application form and submit it to [email protected] by Tuesday December 04, 2018. Only emailed applications will be considered for review. Take special care in answering the essay questions. While saving the file and e-mailing the application kindly use the following format for the subject line: Applicant Name, Name of Institution, city in which you study, for e.g. USMAN KHAN, NUST, ISLAMABAD. (This is important, please do not ignore this.)
December 04, 2018