Sciences Po created the Emile-Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po, in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements. This scholarship is not automatically awarded: candidates must indicate their wish to apply directly in their online bachelor or master’s application form.
Applications are now open for Bachelor’s degree programme for the 2018-2019 academic year. This scholarship is not automatically awarded: candidates must indicate their wish to apply directly in the “Financial Information” section of their online bachelor’s application form.
Country of Origin: France
Scholarship: Emile-Boutmy Scholarship Fully Funded
Course Offer: Bachelor's and Master's Level
Eligible Countries: All Non- European students are eligible to Apply
Undergraduate Level Scholarship Award:
- The Emile-Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of studies.
- The Emile-Boutmy programme can take several different forms:
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme, in addition to a grant to cover part of the cost of living of €5000 per year.
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €3,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- On an exceptional basis, a scholarship of 19,000€ may be granted to cover the three years of College. Scholarship amounts are decided during the different admission juries.
- If you do not validate your academic year, your scholarship will be lost.
- If you have been granted for a scholarship and decide to defer your admission, your scholarship will be lost. During the year abroad (third year of the undergraduate programme): scholarship recipients will retain their tuition fee grant and the additional cost of living grant (if applicable).
Master's Level Scholarship Award:
- The Emile-Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of study.
- The Emile-Boutmy programme can take two different forms:
- A grant of €10,000 per year to cover tuition fees for the two years of the Masters
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the two years of the Masters.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be, first time applicants, from a non-European Union state
- Students must be from household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master's programme.
- This scholarship is awarded based on factors of excellence and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria are also taken into account.
Application Documents Required for apply:
The applicants are required to provide the following application materials during registeration Process.
- CV, including information on the applicant's level (distinction/honours, ranking or position in the promotion, number of students in the promotion, diploma with information on specialisation, date of the diploma, final grades)
- professional project, one or two pages. The applicant must explain the reasons for studying in France as opposed to their home country, their interest for the selected programme and how this will help them achieve their career goals and objectives.
- academic transcripts all of the years of higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programmes)
- Language test certificates (french and/or english) if necessary
- Students will also be required to include proof of income and documents explaining their family situation.
How to Apply:
- Students need to Apply on the link given below
- Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile-Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme: April 8, 2019
- Deadline for master programme: January 3, 2019