Study in Korea is the dream of every student, due to its high-quality education standards! But, Korean universities are much more expensive, and it's not easy to bear the educational expenses in South Korea for average family income students. So, the Government of South Korea International Scholarships 2024-2025 Program for Study in Best Korean Universities is named" Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) 2024)". It is a fully-funded Korean Government Scholarship program that was announced by the Korean government to world students who wish to pursue their Masters, Ph.D., and Multiple Research Programs at multiple Korean Institutions / Universities. If you want to be free to Study in Korea, want to experience Korea's culture, and study in a world-class education system, this golden opportunity is for you. In this Korea Global Scholarship article, we will discuss complete details about the Global Korea Scholarship 2024 Program, which includes Korea Scholarship eligibility criteria, scholarship offers / benefits, the complete application process, and required documents for application. If you're considering studying in Korea, keep reading to discover how you can apply for this esteemed scholarship opportunity.
Global Korea Scholarship 2024 | Fully Funded | Study in Korea
Every year Korean government announces multiple international scholarship programs for world students to study at top-notch Korean universities and contribute to the best of their abilities for the betterment of society. This year Korean Government Scholarship 2024-2025 Program was announced Previously Known as KGSP (Korean Government Scholarship Program) at the best Korean universities. The Government of Korea announced this study abroad scholarship program under the name" Global Korea Scholarship".
Last year, in 2023, hundreds of international students availed of The Global Korea Scholarship 2023 and studied in Korea without any financial burden. This is the golden opportunity provided by the South Korean government to international students to study in the world's best higher education institutions for their higher studies. South Korea is one of the leading countries in the modern education system, as South Korea offers a wide range of degree programs for world students, along with thousands of Korean scholarship opportunities in 2024.
Each year South Korean government welcomes international applications. This Global Korea Scholarship 2024 Program is a Fully Funded Korea Scholarship that will cover all the educational expenses for studies under this scholarship. In 2024, the Global Korea Government Scholarship Program 2024-2025 is offering over 1300+ full scholarships to students from 155 countries. These scholarships support individuals seeking graduate-level degrees and research degree programs in Korea. Students can apply for a diverse range of degree programs offered by leading Korean universities, all degree programs conducted in English, including master's, doctoral, and research programs.
You can apply for The Korean Global Scholarship 2024 program in two different terms/methods. There are two different methods to apply for Global Korean Scholarships either through directly designated Korean universities or through embassy track in your home country. There is no need for IELTS for global Korean scholarships, it's an excellent opportunity to apply for Korea Scholarships without IELTS. For detailed information on the Korean scholarship application process, including application and document submission deadlines, required documents for application, and other relevant requirements, you are advised to contact the respective Korean embassy in your home country or university directly. It's worth mentioning that the Korean embassies and universities will be responsible for the first round of selection for the KGSP/GKS 2024 program.
Host Country: Study in Korea
Host University: Top Korean Universities
GKS / KGSP Scholarships Funded By: Government of South Korea Funded Scholarships
Scholarships Coverage: Fully Funded
Degree Level / Degree Programs: Masters, Ph.D. & Research Degree Programs in all Fields.
Benefits of Global Korea Scholarship 2024
The Global Korea Government Scholarship 2024-2025 provides the following benefits to selected candidates:
- Round-trip Airfare
- Settlement Allowance of 200,000 KRW (given once upon arrival in Korea)
- Monthly Allowance:
- 900,000 KRW for Degree Program participants
- 1,500,000 KRW for Research Program participants
- Research Allowance:
- 210,000 KRW per semester for Liberal Arts and Social Science majors
- 240,000 KRW per semester for Natural Science and Engineering majors
- Fully covered 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee
- Fully covered Degree Program Tuition
- Research Support Fees
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Korean Proficiency Grants of 100,000 KRW per month
Besides the mentioned benefits, the scholarship offers selected students chances to join different cultural and academic activities like field trips and language exchange programs. They can also use academic resources and facilities like libraries, labs, and computer rooms to help with their studies.
Duration of the GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) Program?
Doctoral / Ph.D. Degree Program: About 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program - 1 Year Duration
- Regular degree program - 3 Years Duration
Masters / MS Degree Program: About 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program - The course is 1 year in duration
- 2 years of a degree program
Research Degree Program: 6 Months / 1 Year Program
Which degree programs are available through the GKS 2024?
The Korea Global Scholarships 2024 presents a wide range of academic programs by top Korean universities. These degree programs include Masters, Ph.D., and Research programs as part of the KGSP 2024 initiative across various South Korean universities. For Further Information, Please Read Here
Criteria for eligibility for the Global Korea Scholarship
You must fulfill the following requirements to be successful in the Global Korea Scholarship 2024, as given below:
- Be a citizen of a country chosen by the Korean government for the GKS program.
- You must be under 40 years old for graduate studies.
- Have good grades and meet language requirements.
- Not be a citizen of Korea.
- Write a personal statement and study plan showing your interest in your chosen field of study.
- The GKS program is open to international students, except those from countries with diplomatic relations with North Korea or previous recipients of a Korean government scholarship.
- Its goal is to support outstanding students with leadership potential in their respective fields.
- While Korean language proficiency isn't mandatory for all fields, applicants are encouraged to take the Korean language test to improve their chances of selection.
Which documents are needed to apply for GKS?
The list of documents is given below:
- The application form for the Global Korea Scholarship has been filled out.
- All educational degrees, transcripts, and mark sheets have been provided.
- Two Recommendation Letters
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Passport Copy / Scan for Upload
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- GKS Applicants Agreement
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Photographs for Profile Picture
- Maybe other documents are Required (if applicable by the Korean embassy or university)
Want to apply through Embassy Track for the Global Korea Scholarship?
You must provide one original set of all mentioned application documents along with three photocopies.
Are you applying through University Track in GKS 2024?
Start by reaching out to the university to inquire about the necessary documents, then submit them based on the university's guidelines.
Application Process for the Korean Government Scholarship 2024
As we mentioned, you can apply by choosing one method through the Korean embassy track from your home university or through participating Korean university track. The process is given below:
Apply at Korean University for GKS
- Visit the official websites of participating Korean universities for information on scholarships and degree programs.
- Contact the university to complete the requirements and apply.
- The university will forward your name to NIIED for final candidate selection.
Apply Through the Korean Embassy Track
- Find the Korean Embassy in your home country and ask about the opening date for the Global Korea Scholarship 2024.
- Visit the Korean Embassy to learn about the application process, scholarship details, procedures, and guidelines.
Application Deadline for the Global Korea Scholarship 2024
- The application deadline for the Global Korea Government Scholarship in 2024 varies depending on the embassy and university.
- Contact the Korean University or Korean Embassy in your home country to inquire about the specific deadlines.
,GKS 2024 Scholarship, Study in Korea Scholarship 2024, Global Korea Fellowship 2024, GKS Program 2024, Scholarships for Foreign Students in Korea 2024, South Korea Study Grants 2024, Funding for Overseas Students in Korea 2024,