The Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives priority to candidates from emerging countries and above all to those who are underrepresented in French universities and higher education institutions: Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and new members of the EU and the Middle East.Sciences Po only presents applications from candidates with profiles that match the priorities of the Eiffel scholarship. If you are offered a place to study at Sciences Po, we will inform you whether your application will be proposed to Campus France (the organisation in charge of this scholarship).
Applications recieved from international students are prioritized.
Students cannot apply directly for the Eiffel Scholarship. Applications must be made through a higher education institution. If you are studying in two higher education institutions, you can only submit a single application. In order to apply, you must have already been accepted to a programme at Sciences Po. For your application to be successful, it is essential that you respect our deadlines.
The students can apply to any field as:
- Sciences Po School of Public Affairs
- Sciences Po Paris School of International Affairs
- Sciences Po Law School
- Sciences Po Urban School
- School of Management and Innovation
- Sciences Po School of Journalism
- The Sciences Po Doctoral School
Funded Eiffel Scholarship Offer:
Scholarship (available to prospective degree students) covers:
The monthly grant amount for Master programmes will be confirmed soon by Campus France.
The Eiffel Scholarship does not cover tuition fees. Students offered a place to study at Sciences Po who receive the scholarship are therefore responsible for paying the annual tuition fees.
Criteria and Eligibility:
- Candidates must be under 30 years old.
- Applicants can be Third year Sciences Po students
- Applicants can be Second year undergraduate students in one of our partnership programmes at Poitiers campus
- Applicatns can be First year graduate student at Science Po
- Students admitted last year in their first year as a graduate student who requested a deferral
- Students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission if they submit an English test before the scholarship application deadline.
- PhD students who are co-supervised or presenting a joint thesis with a partner university
- Students admitted to the following dual degree programme (other Sciences Po dual degree programme are not eligible for this scholarship):
- Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University (candidates for this programme are eligible)
- Sciences et Politiques de l'Environnement Sciences Po/Sorbonne Université (only first year students are eligible)
- Quantitative Economics Sciences Po/Panthéon Sorbonne Paris I (only first year students are eligible)
- The Eiffel laureates who graduated in June 2018 and wish to submit an Eiffel application for the PhD.
Not eligible to the Eiffel Scholarship:
- Students who already received a grant or scholarship from the French government
- Students who have previously applied for an Eiffel scholarship and who have been unsuccessful, even if they change their field of studies.
- Candidates for the 1year Master's programmes
- Candidates for the Joint Master in Journalism and International Affairs (Except candidates in their first year)
- Students admitted to a Sciences Po dual degree programme (except for the 3 dual degrees mentioned above)
Application Documents Required for apply:
The applicants are required to provide the following application materials during registeration Process.
- CV, including information on the applicant's level (distinction/honours, ranking or position in the promotion, number of students in the promotion, diploma with information on specialisation, date of the diploma, final grades)
- professional project, one or two pages. The applicant must explain the reasons for studying in France as opposed to their home country, their interest for the selected programme and how this will help them achieve their career goals and objectives.
- academic transcripts all of the years of higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programmes)
- Language test certificates (french and/or english) if necessary
How to Apply:
Reminder: Students cannot apply directly for the Eiffel Scholarship. Applications must be made through a higher education institution. If you are studying in two higher education institutions, you can only submit a single application.
First time applicants who wish to be presented for the Eiffel scholarship by Sciences Po must indicate so in the "Financial Information" section of their Sciences Po application form and must provide the required documents. Please note that your scholarship request will be taken into account only in case of admission.
Students already admitted at Sciences Po, students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission or students admitted last year in their first graduate year who requested a deferral have to send their Eiffel Scholarship application by email to the Admissions office by October 20th, 2018.
Sciences Po will select the applications that it wishes to present to Campus France. Please note that applying for the Eiffel grant does not guarantee the presentation of your application to Campus France.
NB : We reserve the right not to consider incomplete applications.
- Students already admitted at Sciences Po (including applicants who deferred their arrival or those who received conditional offer last year) : October 20th, 2018
- First time applicants: November 6th, 2018
The deadline for applications set by Sciences Po is not the date at which applications must be received by Campus France. Indeed, it is necessary to have been offered a place at Sciences Po in order to be eligible for the Eiffel Scholarship. Applications received after this date will not be processed. These dates are mandatory and cannot be modified.