The objective of the program is to provide undergraduate students from different countries who are committed to or who are considering a career in biology or related sciences and looking to continue to graduate studies, with eight weeks of biomedical research experience in the basic and translational sciences. Research experiences are being provided by faculty members of the Graduate School of Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, and the Institute of Industrial Science. By the end of their summer experience, students are expected to acquire knowledge and skills for conducting research.These experiences will help the students to develop future collaborations in many situations.
University: University of Tokyo
Duration: 2 Months ( June 10, 2019 - August 5, 2019 )
Cost: Fully Funded
Field of Study:
Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, Molecular Medicine, Neurobiology, Bioinformatics, Molecular Genetics, Nueroscience, Tissue Engineering, MEMS/Microfluidics, Microbiology, Immunology, Pathology, Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, Physiological Science
- ROOM: Near-campus accommodation
| Amount varies depending on the location of the university / college
that you currently belong to
|Amount of Stipend|
|Asia / Oceania||350,000 JPY|
|Africa / Middle East||400,000 JPY|
|North, Central and South America||550,000 JPY|
The stipend should be used freely for transportation fees including the airfares to Japan and to your own destination after the program, budget for food and any personal trips during your stay in Japan and so on
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At the minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter
Application Document Required to Apply:
- Portrait photo
- Scanned copy of Passport or ID card
- Resume/CV and Cover letter. Download and complete the designated form below. Please save your documents as a Word file (e.g. .doc/docx) https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/content/400101863.docx
- Academic Transcript
- Questionnaire. Comlpete the questionnaire https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/content/400101865.xlsx
- Proof of your English proficiency
- Letter of Reference. In the (online application system), you are required to nominate two people to provide letters of reference, one of who must be a faculty member at your current institution who is familiar with your educational background, academic performance, and motivation for attending the 2019 Program.
How To Apply:
To apply, please apply online through the link given below
1. Click on "Create a New Account" first to make your own account and get your application number.
2. Fill out all the required field and upload files.
February 1, 2019
Disclaimer: This is NOT the Official Scholarship or any other opportunity Website Page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the opportunities include(scholarship, schools, fellowships, conferences and exchange programs) from Authorized and Authentic Sources to help students free of cost. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship or opportunity provider. Any reliance you place on information from scholarships365.infois strictly at your own risk.,UTokyo, Amgen Scholars Program, biology Scholarships, Scholarships in Japan, biomedical research Scholarships, biomedical research for undergraduates, the University of Tokyo, the University of Tokyo Scholarships, the University of Tokyo scholarships 2019, the University of Tokyo Undergraduate Scholarships 2019, UTokyo Scholarships, Exchange Program 2019, Undergraduate Exchange Program for Pakistani Students, 2019 scholarships, , , , , , ,